Friday, August 6, 2010

Beg Off!

Good morning dolls,

How are we all?

I hope you all like the make over I gave my blog page.. :-)

So, i know im usually here writing about all your love and relationship issues but i think you'll see how todays blog is slightly different. I am going to write about something that has angered and frustrated me.

I lived in South Africa for 3 months. It is a hard place to live if A) Your not white and B) if your poor. There is not a government system like ours. If your out of work there are no benefits to help you. You either have a job, you get help from family and friends, or your homeless. Thats how it works and its rough. If you are in the category of roughness, its a hard life. On every traffic light in Jo'Berg (where I lived) you have people begging for money. Sometimes they hold a baby, or have some one blind or disabled with them to make you feel sorry for them. Some of them actually make a better living begging fnr money than people working in a store. Begging is the norm in Jo'Berg, but not London.

I am used to seeing homeless people when out in the West End. People beg in the streets, sleep in doorways and even sell the "Big Issue" magazine just to get a few quid. Yet what I just saw on my way to work has disgusted me.

Now, I know everyone tries hard in life to make a living. I do not dispute any ones ways of doing so. Yet, being a foreigner and standing by a busy roundabout in London, holding a costa coffee cup, knocking on my car window and asking me for my hard earned money, disgusted me. I was shocked and scared!

Is this what London is coming to? Are we going to have truck loads of Asylum Seekers getting into this country by hiding in Meat Lorries coming in from abroad? I think its utterly disgusting. These Asylum seekers come into England, pretending to be younger than they are to go to a school or pretend to be something they are not and will most probably get given a nice little council flat by our government. The funny thing is these people will get a council flat more over a British Citizen who has been on a waiting list.

I hope I have not shocked you all with my outburst, but you all agree and feel the same. If you don't, I get it.

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this.
Leave comments here, email me at blogdoll21@gmail.com or message me on facebook, Ilana 'Lala' Vaknine.


Lotsa love..

Little Miss V..xx