Monday, February 20, 2012

Bookmark

This is just a mababaw story, but it means a lot to me. hehehe :))

About a month ago, I was reading a book, entitled: "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" by Amy Chua. The book is about Amy Chua and her family's journey in two cultures, Chinese and Western. It is basically how the author raises her two talented daughters through the Chinese way. I think this is a must read.

Anywhoo, I'm not here to talk about the book, but I'm here to show you the bookmark my daughter gave to me. To tell you honestly, I rarely use bookmarks though I have a lot, especially the cute ones that I bought and think that they're too cute to be used. hahaha. Instead I would just use any paper I could find or sometimes I would just make a tiny fold on the upper corner. My daughter seemed to have observed it, so the next day I woke up, I saw my book (picture below) and immediately noticed the scratch paper I was using as a bookmark was replaced with a barbie tag. Then Sab (my daughter) came to me and said, "Mommy, that's yours already, please use that when you're reading a book, okay?" Awwww. :))