Friday, February 3, 2012

Filling Empty Walls...

Literally, the morning before our Going Away Shin Dig I whipped up some wall art to fill the empty space that was left when we took down our Christmas Card Display. We had six of these Record Album Wall Mount Frames in our attic from Talon's college years...I've never thrown them out..which is extremely un like me. I throw EVERYTHING away...I guess I could see their potential. I took the old album covers out of the attic and gave all of them a good scrubbing (they have been in the attic for almost 3 years!). Once they were scrubbed I tossed them with a couple of good coats of Gold Paint....I thought we might have a problem with coverage since the frames are metal but nope....
Since the frames are kind of an awkward size I had to go to Michel's and purchase frame matting and cut custom mats for the frames...with coupons I was only out about 9 bucks. They are extremely easy to cut...we did the same thing in our hallway here. 
Once the mattes were cut I centered all of the photos with the help of Talon's math skills...
Then I begged Talon to hang them for me so they wouldn't end up a crooked mess....
I am in love with the gold frames...
My favorite part are the photos. They are all photos Talon and I took while visiting Yellowstone two summers ago...
Nothing special was done to the pictures...just simply had them printed...gotta love 2 dollar art.

I'm pretty happy with the final product...even though I'm already considering purchasing additional frames to fill up the wall a little bit more....
Thanks gosh we got rid of some of that empty wall space...we have lots more to go!